Thursday 11 September 2008

Bikes & boxes

T minus 4 days...

Not much to impart today. Too much to do and not enough time to do it in. I've taken my bike in for a super duper service and will be picking it up in the next couple of days. Today I've realised how soft the skin on the soles of my feet have become, as temporarily bikeless, I've actually been walking for a change, an activity I haven't done a lot of lately. I am also now in possession of a box to pack said bike for those nice people at British Airways to transport it all the way to Seattle for free! The nasty people at Delta Airlines however, are charging $175 for a short connecting flight from Charleston to Atlanta on the way back. Not sure what to do about that. I could take it on the train perhaps. Or leave it behind. No, I didn't say that! That bike has done me proud over the last few years, including Scrabble Travel I & II (around Scotland and England). Oh well, back to the grindstone, or rather, the old interweb.

No comments: