Tuesday 2 September 2008

Sunday Post

T minus 13 days...

Beautiful sunny day after several gloomy days, which is especially welcome for me as I’m training today – and for the next three days. Looks like the Weather Gods are smiling on New Orleans as well.

Today I had another visit from a newspaper, this time the Sunday Post, published by DC Thomson, who also produces the much more highbrow Beano and Dandy. Endless questions, about online Scrabble with my brothers, why we played the game when we were children, memorable words, etc, etc. Then it was a jaunt to the local park in the sunshine, to pose in front of flowerbeds, with the obligatory props of bike and Scrabble board.

So glad to get out on my bike again in an hour or so. I don’t care where, as long as legs are whirring round and lungs are gulping in country air, which is noticeably crisper now that autumn has arrived. Exercise hones the mind as well as it tones the body. I have been a bit down in the dumps recently, cooped up in the flat doing stuff towards the trip, as well as my normal work. I just want to get on with it now.

No comments: